Banka Banka to Newcastle Waters
- Lazy morning with a cuppa and a cooked brekky.
- Showers all round before packing up, filling up our water tanks and giving the car a quick wash down (first since Lawn Hill - still dirty - eep!)
- Uneventful drive north to Newcastle Waters. Re-fueled at Elliot and we finally got some bread!
- Very tired!
- Off in the distance caught a glimpse of what looked like a huge flat salt plane. Not sure..
- Arrived at Newcastle Waters, contemplating driving through to Daly Waters but we would have arrived after 5pm - ouch.
- Made lunch (yum salad wraps) and claimed out free spot then sat back and watched all the others arrive (there's about 20 vehicles here now)
- Wacked up the antenna and we both did some work - got decent internet here which is good!
- Bloody generators, but at least they're all off by 8 :)
- With our new solar controller we are getting amazing life our of the batteries. Charging laptops and phones and cameras and the inverter hasn't complained one bit.
- Taking some photos outside for a second attempt star trails. It's on an automatic timer taking a shot every 16 seconds. click click click click click click ... soothing..
- Best chicken curry and rice ever.
- Heating up some Banka Banka water for a hot water bottle to keep us cosy tonight, sitting back for a movie on the laptop before hitting the hay.
Day Number: 29
Late (and windy again!) start at Banka Banka on our way north to Newcastle Waters.
Dumb thing we did today
Travel Map from Previous Location