Barcaldine - Free stopover at the Weir
- Traveled the 15k south from town center to the weir (visited it yesterday for a picnic and to checkout the place).
- Down the A2 highway and then a signed single lane road for aggges.
- Setup quite easily.and spent most of the day working.
- Lots of wildlife around here.
- Toilets are great and running drinkable water.
- Must stay here if you're around - get in early if you can because it fills up quick.
- Amazing stars at night !
- Got our bush shower going that night.
- Met some people who have been staying there for a few weeks to a few months. Interesting folk.. one has a bunch of local kookaburra's who he feeds daily.
- Seems they do a happy hour at the little shack area every arvo - stay away from that area if you want peace and quiet :P
- A few generators going til about 9pm - a little annoying but meh - free night.
- Next morning did an early morning sunrise walk down along the river bank, taking some pics of the very skittish kangaroos - back for an egg in the hole and cuppa for bfast.
- Did a bit more work - still in the mood from yesterday.
- Hayley started feeling a bit ill so we decided to move on from the area and make our way to longreach.
- Cleaned the solar panels by standing on the spare tyre at the back and using a cloth wrapped around the end of a broom stick - they were super dirty!
- Super fast packup at 1:30pm - didn't get to have lunch
- Petrol light came on at 455km on the clock as we pulled out of the weir grounds - that's how far we can get on flat ground towing on a full tank (about 80L)
- Sat at the petrol station for half hour waiting to get to the unleaded pump.
- Saw baz walking down the street so we had a chat that whole time waiting. See ya later baz!
- Finally filled up with 80L - bought some servo food for the road - that main "choice" servo looks like a good place for fast food if you're passing through.
- Drive to Longreach was ... long... more in next post.
Day Number: 12
Dumb thing we did today
Travel Map from Previous Location