Lawn Hill - lovely! Adels Grove
Monday 8th August 2011 - Gregory Downs to Lawn Hill (Adels Grove)
- What a rough ride in! Our first dirt road towing - about 80km. And our first river crossing. We got a bit wet inside the van. Just the door bit.
- Passing road trains on the dirt was interesting. Get as far off the road as possible!
- Adels Grove is a very nice place to stay
- They have a creek side area with generators banned, and a top generators area which we didn't get to see.
- Paid up at the front and got to pick our own camp site. Lots of sites down in the grove.
- There is a bit of a bank before getting to the creek, cant really get to it unless you walk down to the swimming area. Good on them for doing that - stops all the crap people leave behind washing into the creek.
- Walked up the local hill for sunset. Great spot! Sunset was amazing. Only place with phone reception too. Everyone walks up there to make a call. We setup office up there and used the internet for a bit.
- Annoying people rocked up right next to us, half hanging onto the camp site we picked - silly me should have parked the car another meter back so they couldn't fit. Grr at annoying people.
Tuesday 9th August 2011 - Lawn Hill canoeing
- Dave did an early morning ride up to the mountain and did an hours work while the sun came up.
- Drove into the national park for an explore.
- Hired a canoe for 2 hours.
- 1 hour got us to the very end as far as you could paddle. Nice stop area for a picnic if you want.
- Got back to base in the other hour no probs.
- Too hot when we got back from the canoe to do a walk.
- Drove back to Adels Grove and had a swim
- Setup office on a little park bench with the antenna. That got lots of interest from the oldies - "ooo what are you up to!"
- Hayley got cranky with the loud neighbours so we went for a late night drive up another local hill and took some star photos.
- Got back and they had tried to make a fire, ended up smoking out the entire camp ground. Quite a few people were commenting. Washing the smoke smell out of everything in our van was fun. ..
- Besides that, all good! Would stay there again.
Day Number: 17 and 18
Staying at the Adels Grove camp ground. Just outside the Lawn Hill national park.
- Fuel, food, a bit pricy, nice, good safe swimming
Dumb thing we did today
- Didn't take up the entire camp site by the creek, so some annoying people squeezed in behind us - personal boundary crossage!
- Hired a 3 person canoe (all that was left) instead of waiting for a 2 person to return. Carrying that sucker over the waterfall was a mission.
Travel Map from Previous Location