Mt Isa - Copper Park
River front caravan park - except the river looks like this:
Monday 15th - Day 24
- Interesting coming into Mt Isa - "Welcome to Mt Isa" then behind the sign are huge chimneys pumping out smoke. Biggest chimney I have ever seen (and probably will ever see) towered over the town.
- Fixed our solar rig (hopefully)
- Old solar controller had melted ! bought a new one
- Caught up on a bunch of work
Tuesday 16th - Day 25
- We're off to explore the area today. Check out some mines and some lookouts.
- Went to the isa experience place - bought a ticket for the history museum and fossil center - meh - wouldn't recommend it for the price (unless of course your a history buff or they have a guided tour on - there was just a bit too much reading all over the place and not a lot of it fit together well)
- Decided against the mine experience (go under in a fake mine and drill a hole sorta thing). Just had first good showers in a while so didn't feel like getting dirty again =P
- Up to the lookout - pretty cool over the mine. Recommend checking that out, especially at night to see all the lights and hear the noise.
Day Number: 24 and 25
Copper Park in Mt Isa. Nice park out of town. Lots of permanents but all ok.Finally power and water!
Dumb thing we did today
Travel Map from Previous Location