Pine Creek - Lazy Lizard
Tuesday 30th August - Day 39 (continued)
- Pub opened early and fun music started - all day birthday inside - sounds good in there might check it out tomorrow.
- Pools good - smells like pool - good to jump in then have a shower after.
- Mist spray bottle got a work out today - so did the wet clothes - lucky we had a breeze.
- Jumped in the shower fully clothed and came back sat on the laptop.
- Our super cheap 12v fan died today - will have to pull it to bits and fix - hopefully easy!
- Another young couple arrived this arvo - they look normal! will go say hi if they're around in the morning.
- Caught up on a lot of work today - good!
- Off to cook some dinner now.
Wednesday 31st August - Day 40
- Tent + pool = fly free
Thursday 1st September - Day 41
- Chatted to an older couple who were heading a similar direction in a little van.
- Drove out to gorge - great little spot. Had a swim. Hardly any water. 20k dirt road - rather bumpy.
- Snake! swimming snake. First one we've seen. Little green/golden tree snake. Apparently non-venomous but still gave a fright on the walking path. On the way back to the car after the gorge we had the camera out trying to spot him. Got a few pictures as he scuttled down the embankment and swam across the little creek. Cool!
- Tried to organise packages delivered up here straight from ebay - failed.
- Pub meal (huge). Chicken parmy and cheeze pizza.
Friday 2nd September - Day 42
- Early morning - worked outside until the flies got too much
- Hot today. Really hot.
- Stocked up on bread and milk from reception. Nice fella in there. He has a pet snake he rescued. Looks cool.
- Some tourist couldn't get his spare tyre cover off - had a flat in the petrol station outside after we got icecream. Watched him for a bit then got a screwdriver under it and popped the cover off for him. Not sure he spoke much english.
- Sat under a sprinkler this arvo - it was so hot. Dried off in 1 minute.
- Lorikeets loved the sprinkler up in the tree - I think Dave got a photo of it getting wet.
- Only 1 person arrived this afternoon - quite different to other nights.
- Cooked up toasties for dinner ontop of the washing machines.
- Packing up tonight. Off to Kakadu in the morning. YAY!
- Nice place to have relaxed - now on with the adventure!
Day Number: 39, 40, 41, 42
Dumb thing we did today
Travel Map from Previous Location