Sunshine Coast - Mooloolaba Beach Esplanade Caravan Park
What a great spot. Beachfront slabbed caravan site right in the middle of town.
Time to relax and enjoy the luxury before heading inland/north next week.
Day 4 (Tue)
- arrived - short 40 min drive from glass house mtns
- drove through mooloolaba esplanade with our big rig, few tight squeezes but got in ok
- oh that is until we pulled into the caravan park entrance (bending down hill road) and were presented with a sign saying "New guests: Please checkin at our office 1km south". well! this was fun, reversing a van up a hill around a bend into oncoming traffic with other guests waiting to get past us. mission! made it to their office, checked in, got our keys and we were right
- our first slab site. interesting reversing experience. Hayley got her lefts and rights mixed up but we got in eventually. Only 20cm away from the slab - pretty good for our first one. The annex goes up nicely and blocks the afternoon breeze off the ocean.
Day 5 (Wed)
- Saw the sunrise, gorgeous.
- Went for a bike ride and got lost, fun times.
- Found a bakery and 7/11 on the way back, picked up some fresh bread, juice and milk.
- Caught up with family for lunch
- Cooked a yum thai green curry (rather hot) very nice.
- Forgot to bring a can opener haha.
- Watching some movies on the laptop with a wine.
Day 6 (Thu)
- Did some washing
- Worked most of the day
- Beef chinese stirfry for dinner
Day 7 (Fri)
- Rained a bit last night, then again around 9am. Our first bit of rain in the van! woo
- Cooked egg in the hole out the front for bfast just before the rain came.
- Another load of washing
- Buying some headlight protectors today.
- Packing up today ready for an early start in the morning.
Day 8 (Sat)
- Packed up after a slight bit of rain, off to Eidsvold - see next post.
Day Number: 4, 5, 6 and 7
Beach front caravan park in the middle of Mooloolaba. Great spot! Book in advance. Check-in at their other park 1km south before going beach front.
View Larger Map
- Close to esplanade, shops, cafes, surf club and beach!
- Checkin at the other park before coming here!
- The beach is a "loud" beach, as there are rocks along most of the shoreline. That combined with the occasional road noise probably doesn't make this the quietest park around.
- Washing machines are $4 per load
- Dryers are $2 per 20 minutes.
- Change available at other office 1km south.
- Dump point near toilets
- $50 deposit on the key / gate buzzer
- Ring to double check booking, a few people had been double booked and had to stay elsewhere.
Travel Map from Previous Location
- Distance: 42km
- Time: 1hr
- Avg Speed: 45km/h