The big trip begins - Glass House Mountains
Day 1 (Saturday)
- First day on the road!
- arrived at 5:30pm, dark (last minute packing delayed us haha)
- Cooked a nice stew, heaps of leftovers for tomorrow
- No neighbours, really nice grounds
- No drinking water on tap, but rain water available at office (we brought our own)
Day 2 (Sunday)
- Slept in until about 8am
- Setup Internet in the morning - worked until lunch time
- Looked up some good walks to do around the area, went to a short
walk off Barrs Rd (longer walk similar to mt warning available there
too, looks good)
- Went to info centre in town, funny lady thought we were from
England, she told us a few great places to go see and things to do.
- Came back to camp for a snack before heading off to the main lookout
(Glasshouse - Woodford Road) for sunset. Not the best sunset location
so we left and drove to Wild Horse Mtn lookout, got there and realised
it was a 1.5km round trip walk so we gave it a miss.
- Filled up with fuel ($90) on the way back to camp.
Day 3 (Monday)
- Deciding between Australia Zoo and Melanie.
- Done, decided aussie zoo.
- Toasted baked bean sammich for bfast. omnomnom
- Off to the library to print out our cheap tickets
- Australia Zoo, nice and quite, very clean, great croc show, loved the red pandas and wombats. Come back in September 2011 for Africa exhibit.
- Dinner "Dave's easy burrito meal"
Day Number: 1, 2 and 3
The big day has finally come, we're leaving for our around Australia trip! First stop: Glass House Mountains.
2001 Old Gympie Road, Glass House Mountains QLD 4518 (07) 5496 9588
Short drive to center of town. Powered sites. Drinking water from tank at office (taps are not for drinking). Nice clean park. Great owners. Watch the speed bumps (or holes) coming in :)
View Larger Map
Travel Map from Previous Location
- Distance: 158km
- Time: 2hrs 40mins
- Avg Speed: 80km/h